As part of our mission to empower women worldwide, GWLN provides an annual scholarship to female leaders within the credit union industry to provide opportunities for professional development, networking and diversifying skill sets to make an impact.
Hear from a group of dynamic leaders, celebrate our GWLN scholars, congratulate the Athena Award recipients, send greetings to our founding chair, connect with old and welcome new friends as you connect with your pink-powered GWLN community!
Thank you CO-OP Financial Services, CUNA Mutual Group, PSCU and OneAZ Credit Union for the support and opportunities available to our winners!
The Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN) awarded eight scholarships to industry women, allowing them to join the Network and gain opportunities for professional development, networking and skill diversification.
The 2021 scholarship winners include:
- Jane Ndambiri, Junior Clerk, Taifa Sacco Society Ltd, Kenya
- Gertrude Wambuga, Board Director, Kenya Union of Savings and Credit Co-Operative Ltd (KUSCCO), Kenya
- Charo Jawadu, Business Development Manager, Mudi SACCO, Malawi
- Patience Duduzile Sembereka, United Civil Servants SACCO, Malawi
- Mary Rose Gob, Certified Cooperative Manager, National Confederation of Cooperatives, The Philippines
- Elizabeth Kanyane Khumalo, People Empowerment Co-operative Financial Institution, South Africa
- Rachel Chojnacki, Calcite Credit Union, USA
- Dawn Lepore, Vantage West Credit Union, USA
The scholars will receive:
- A complimentary registration to the 2021 World Credit Union Conference (WCUC).
- A complimentary one-year membership to the Global Women’s Leadership Network.
- A complimentary registration to the 2021 Virtual Executive Readiness Summit (October 27-29).
They are required to attend all GWLN forum sessions at WCUC on July 19, 2021 during the Worldwide Foundation Bridge the Gap series and provide updates to GWLN during the year, showcasing progress and growth in their credit unions. The 2021 scholars will also be joined by the four 2020 scholars representing Ghana, the Philippines, the U.S. and Uganda.
GWLN has awarded 70 scholarships to women from 25 countries. Scholarships are made possible through funding from annual membership donations and sponsorships, including the generous support of CUNA Mutual Group, CU Direct, Kinecta Federal Credit Union, PSCU and the Susan Adams Scholarship Fund, which was established in honor of former Entrust Financial Credit Union CEO Susan Adams supported by OneAZ Credit Union.